Monday, March 19, 2012

Easter Egg Matching

Last night I was walking through the grocery store and saw the big bin of plastic Easter eggs. There were hundreds of them! In the past, I've only considered them for their typical use: stuffing candy. But lately, I've seen them being used for other things. I bought 3 dozen eggs.

My Pre-K kiddos have been working hard on their numbers and alphabet and I'm always looking for new ways to peak their interest. So I decided to do a spin-off of the rhyme matching eggs I've seen previously. When I got to work this morning, I shared my idea with my assistant and she put them together while I did the calendar.

This is our collaborative result:





The kids really had to use their fine motor skills to snap the eggs together, in addition to working on their academic skills. I'd say this adventure was a success.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of marker did you use? I bought similiar eggs and every marker I try to use just wipes off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used Sharpie and so far...so good. The kids are pretty rough on the eggs, so I'm sure it won't be long before some battle wounds will be noticeable. I have Sharpie paint pens but didn't have them in class that morning. When the eggs get worn, I plan to re-do them using the paint pens.

    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete