Friday, March 16, 2012

Counting With Ginger

Our school had a school wide "Measure Mania" day. I knew right away that I wanted to read the book "Measuring Penny" by Loreen Leedy. This is a fantastic book about a young girl that uses her dog as the object to measure. She measures the dog using non-standard units, standard units, volume, height, weight, length, etc.


I took this idea and developed a unit around my dog Ginger. Ginger is my wonder mutt. She is full of engery and lots of love. I read the book to my students and then showed them pictures of Ginger. I had several centers set up around the classroom. The kids had a great time learning with Ginger.

This is one of the center activites done:


It is available for free in my store at Teacher's Pay Teacher. The entire unit is available for $2.00. It includes:

Measurement Centers with Recording Sheet
Toss a Number Gameboard and Tracking Sheet
2 sets of One-to-One Correspondence Centers
Final Consonant matching
Rhyming Matching
Ten-Frame Cards

1 comment:

  1. seiko titanium : Best seller
    seiko titanium tubing titanium : Best seller. All titanium forging the best products that I have found on the market, ti 89 titanium calculator A great selection of the best Sega ford fusion hybrid titanium Genesis / titanium max trimmer Mega Drive games and many  Rating: 4 · ‎4 reviews

    ReplyDelete