Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Birthday

I'm starting to get ready for Dr. Seuss' birthday. I'd like to have the kids do at least two projects. One project I'd like to revolve around the story Green Eggs and Ham. I also wanted it to be something simple. This is one project I decided upon:



I started with the patterns:


I put all the parts necessary for the completed project into a gallon sized ziploc for each student.


I then put the ziplocs into a container:


I also added a bag with extra pieces just in case I got another student or a child needs a piece or two. The project will be a center. Each student will get a bag when they go to the center.

We are also going to do the traditional hat. I originally got the idea from Teach Preschool, but I wanted to extend the idea in order for my students to be able to wear it on Dr. Seuss' birthday.

Front View:


Back View:


I do plan on packaging all of the items necessary for the project into ziplocs like I am doing for the Green Eggs and Ham project. The only exception is that I'm going to leave out the sentence strip. I don't want that to get crumpled.

No comments:

Post a Comment