Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Bag for Student's Work & Party Items

Today we made these bags to be used at the Valentine's party tomorrow. I used the brown paper grocery bags that can be purchased at Sam's Club. They were the 1/6 #57 Kraft Paper Bags. The price varies by location. A co-worker picked them up for us over the weekend. They come in bulk--500 to a package. It was about $25.00, according to her.

I traced all the parts and had the kids cut them out. The finished products were darling. The one in the picture here is my example.


I hung it on the board with a magnet for the kids to see. It looks small on the board.


This is the bag near the computer monitors. I wanted to allow everyone to see how big it really was in comparison to something else.

Tomorrow, the kids will deliver their Valentines to one another's bags. At the end of the day, I will put all of the things they receive from the party into the bag and staple it shut so that they can carry it home with ease.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a TOC on Friday and was looking for an easy Valentines art project. I love your idea of putting on a valentine's bag but I want a project to put on the bulleting board to hang on the bulletin board so I think Ill make it a bit more challenging by having students cut out their own hearts and make accordion arms and legs using two pieces of paper. Thank you for sharing your great idea.

    ReplyDelete