Sunday, February 5, 2012

Math Centers for This Week (Freebie)

I needed some new centers for this upcoming week. I put these together because these are the kids favorite games.

Materials:
Game Board
Dice
Counters

Directions to play:

1. To determine who goes first, each student rolls one die. The one with the highest number goes first.

2. Player One rolls the dice and adds the total. They then cover the number on their board. Then Player Two goes.

3. If the student rolls a number that has already been covered they skip the turn.

The player that covers the board first wins.

Alternate way to play: Cover the board with the counters, roll the dice and uncover the sum that was rolled.

Valentines:




Dental Week:



Update 2/6/2012:

I used the games in class today. The kids enjoyed them. I chose not to print two game boards because I needed some individual centers. This worked out well for those that needed more practice, but for the students that are advanced, I'd suggest two players.

I got the "men's shoe boxes" from The Container Store for these games because the tubs are clear and large enough for the students to roll the big foam dice that I have. It's great because they can sit at the table and still count the dice through the container.



I found the dice several years ago at the Dollar Tree. I've looked for them a lot since then but haven't been able to find more. I'm hoping to one day walk into the store and find them again. When I do, I plan to buy at least 20 pair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment